18 Years and Counting: No Approval yet for Suncity | Ghaziabad News


Ghaziabad: GDA Board canceled the submitted plan. Sun City Hi-Tech Infrastructure Citing violations of the MoU and dues, to develop a residential project on 828 acres on NH-9. Hundreds of home buyers are facing difficulties due to this move.

Sun City Hi-Tech

The residential project, proposed in 2005 under the state government’s Hi-Tech Township Policy to ensure housing in the already bustling city, was to come up on 4,312 acres. However, repeated protests by farmers for more compensation stalled land acquisition, and the developer acquired only 828 acres over the next 18 years.
Recently, the GDA board canceled the DPR for the 828-acre development, citing the developer’s failure to pay land-use conversion charges of around Rs 172 crore. Earlier, the CAG audit had identified this violation.
The board also found that 45 percent of the 828 acres is government land, violating its agreement with the developer that only 25 percent of such land would be annexed. He has asked now. Sun City Before the state government to figure out where the project will go from here.
“Under the Hi-Tech Township Policy launched in 2005, Sun City was supposed to acquire/purchase 4,312 acres of land, but this failed, forcing a high-powered committee under the Chief Secretary to reduce the land size to 828 acres. Did and accordingly asked the developer to submit a revised DPR,” said GDA vice-chairperson RK Singh.
“According to a fresh MoU, the developer was to acquire 75% of this land and merge the Gram Sabha or Bhumi Prabandhak Samiti (Land Management Committee) land with the GDA through resumption to reach 828, in which the GDA acted as facilitator. However, the revised DPR showed that the developer had acquired only 55% of the land, and the remaining 45% of government land had been annexed. This DPR There was a reason to reject,” Singh added.
Another allegation is that the developer acquired land from 22 villages where the land use was agricultural, but the then government waived the land conversion charge.
“The 2019 CAG audit pointed out that the state exchequer suffered a loss of Rs 172 crore in land use conversion compensation to the GDA, after which the state government sought the money from the corporation. But the developer has yet to did not pay it till then, which became another reason to reject the DPR,” said Singh.
“The project has already started with the booking of flats, villas and plots after the GDA approved the layout plan of 717 acres,” Suncity representative Vinay Chaudhary said. Neither is good news. Homebuyers and neither are we.”



Leave a Comment

“The Untold Story: Yung Miami’s Response to Jimmy Butler’s Advances During an NBA Playoff Game” “Unveiling the Secrets: 15 Astonishing Facts About the PGA Championship”