Amid MUDA 'Scam', Karnataka Govt Transfers Mysore Deputy Commissioner | Bengaluru


Amid the controversy over the alleged land scam in the Mysore Urban Development Authority (MUDA), the Karnataka government on Friday transferred Mysore Deputy Commissioner KV Rajendra. Senior BJP leader R Ashoka had earlier alleged that Rajendra had written several letters to the MUDA saying that he had obtained from them to build residential layouts under the “50:50 ratio” scheme. The allotment of alternate sites to the land losers in exchange for lost land was wrong. .

Mysore Deputy Commissioner KV Rajendra was among the 21 IAS officers transferred by the government in a bureaucratic reshuffle. (Facebook)

Rajendra was among the 21 IAS officers who were transferred by the government in a bureaucratic reshuffle. He has been posted as Director of Tourism in Bengaluru. Rajendra was replaced by G. Lakshmikanth Reddy, currently the Managing Director of Karnataka Urban Infrastructure Development and Finance Corporation (KUIDFC), Bengaluru. Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly Ashoka had alleged that Rajendra had also sought details about the procedure for allotting alternate seats but MUDA did not bother to respond.

Your wishes helped India win- Relive India's epic journey in the T20 World Cup. Click here

Read on Bengaluru Airport leads India in perishable exports for fourth consecutive year.

Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday rejected the BJP's demand for a CBI probe into alleged irregularities in the allotment of land by MUDA to land losers, including his wife Parvati, as he did not find any Strongly denied wrongdoing. Mysore is the home district of the Chief Minister.

The BJP has alleged that Parvati was also allotted alternative sites in an upscale area of ​​Mysore, the property value of which was higher than the location of her land that was “acquired” by MUDA, and His resignation was sought. MUDA had allotted plots to Parvati under the scheme in return for her over three acres of land, where MUDA had developed a residential layout.

The controversial scheme envisages allotment of 50 per cent developed land to the land loser in lieu of undeveloped land acquired for layout. The BJP has alleged that there have been irregularities in its composition. 4,000 crore was spent on allotment of sites to the land losers by MUDA. A BJP leader claimed that “Apparently 4500-5000 sites were allotted in violation of norms.

Read on Heavy rains expected in Bengaluru till July 8; Other parts of Karnataka by mid-July: IMD

“Has he (BJP) given any case (to the CBI) during his tenure? I have given seven cases (including his first term as CM). This is not a case that the CBI “We have also demanded, have they (given any case to the CBI for investigation),” Siddaramaiah said when asked about the BJP's demand for a CBI probe. I said The chief minister had said that the plots were given to his wife by MUDA in 2021 when the BJP was in power.

“They (BJP) are the ones who gave the site, now if they themselves call it illegal, how should it be taken? We did not ask to give sites in Vijayanagar 3rd or 4th phase (in Mysore). Siddaramaiah said. . The chief minister had earlier this week said that housing sites allotted by MUDA under the scheme have been put on hold pending an investigation into alleged irregularities. He also said that he will not resign. “What is my role in this case?” he asked.

Prepare for the World Cup with Cricket! From live scores to match stats, catch all the action here. Discover now!

Stay updated with all breaking news and latest news of Karnataka Election Results 2024 and Bengaluru. Click here for comprehensive coverage of Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, and top cities across India. Stay up to date with the latest events in World News.

Leave a Comment

“The Untold Story: Yung Miami’s Response to Jimmy Butler’s Advances During an NBA Playoff Game” “Unveiling the Secrets: 15 Astonishing Facts About the PGA Championship”