Ghaziabad: A man accidentally shot himself while firing at the police, died

A 22-year-old man was killed in Ghaziabad on Friday evening when he accidentally shot himself while firing at a team of Delhi and Ghaziabad police officers trying to arrest his uncle, police said on Saturday. Told to Before he shot himself, the victim shot and injured a head constable of Ghaziabad police.

The incident took place when a Delhi Police team came from Gokulpuri police station to arrest 24-year-old Manu Rangrez, who was wanted in a theft case. (HT photo)

The victim has been identified as Rehan (single name). The incident took place when a Delhi Police team came from Gokulpuri police station to arrest 24-year-old Manu Rangrez, who was wanted in a theft case. The team reached Loni's Dabar Talab at 3.30 pm and arrested Manu. However, his nephew Rehan reached the spot with a homemade pistol and opened fire on the Delhi Police team.

Your wishes helped India win- Relive India's epic journey in the T20 World Cup. Click here

“Rehaan's firing was recorded by a nearby CCTV camera. During the firing, Manu escaped from the clutches of the Delhi Police team and escaped from the spot. The police team also escaped. Within minutes, a Ghaziabad police team The patrol team which was stationed near the Dabur pond reached the spot.It included a sub-inspector and four head constables, seeing the police approaching them, Rehan and Manu fired one of the shots at the head constable. hit Vijay Rathi on the shoulder,” said Vivek Chandra Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rural).

The police retaliated, forcing Manu and Rehaan to take shelter in a nearby detached house from where they fired back at the police. However, the police team entered the house to control the accused.

“When the team caught Rehaan, his loaded pistol accidentally went off. Rehaan's pistol shot hit him on the thigh and he was seriously injured. In the commotion, Manu ran up the stairs and escaped through the roof of the house. Rehan was taken to a local hospital, from where he was referred to the GTB Hospital in Delhi.He succumbed to his injuries at 9.30 pm on Friday A report has been filed,” added DCP Yadav.

The FIR was registered at Loni police station under sections 147 (rioting), 307 (attempt to murder) and 353 (assault or criminal force to prevent a public servant from discharging his official duty) of the Indian Penal Code. was

Police said that Rehan's name is named in 5 cases including extortion, murder and Arms Act among others, while Manu has 18 cases related to theft, robbery, Arms Act, extortion and other cases.

Mannu's father Muhammad Irshad has three cases registered against him while his mother Shabnam is involved in five cases and is currently lodged in Dasna jail, police said. The police said that seven criminal cases have been registered in the name of Rehan's father Imran.

Prepare for the World Cup with Cricket! From live scores to match stats, catch all the action here. Discover now!

Stay updated with all the breaking news and latest news from Mumbai. Click here for comprehensive coverage of Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, and top cities across India, along with the latest happenings in global news.

Leave a Comment

“The Untold Story: Yung Miami’s Response to Jimmy Butler’s Advances During an NBA Playoff Game” “Unveiling the Secrets: 15 Astonishing Facts About the PGA Championship”