Indian journalist Fazil Khan: Indian citizen dies in fire caused by lithium battery in Manhattan building. world News


New Delhi: 27 year old Indian citizenA man who worked as a journalist died tragically in New York fire incident in an apartment building manhattan Ignited by lithium-ion battery.
Fazil Khan lost his life in the fire that broke out in a six-storey house. residential building Located at 2 St. Nicholas Place in Harlem, Manhattan.

Around 17 other persons were injured in the fire accident.

According to the New York City Fire Department, the fire was caused by a lithium-ion battery.

Khan, a journalist affiliated with the New York-based media company The Hechinger Report, focuses on exploring innovation and inequality in education.
The Consulate General of India in New York expressed its condolences on the demise of Khan and assured that they are providing all possible assistance to facilitate the repatriation of his remains to his family in India.

“Saddened to learn about the death of 27-year-old Indian national Fazil Khan in an unfortunate fire incident in Harlem, New York,” the Consulate said in a post on Saturday.

The consulate said it was in touch with Khan's family and friends.
“We will continue to provide all possible assistance in bringing his mortal remains back to India,” the Consulate said.
Khan worked as a data reporter at The Hechinger Report, and according to his profile on X, he was an alumnus of Columbia Journalism School.
Hechinger Report shared a post on X saying that they received the sad news about Khan's death in a fire at his residence in New York City on Saturday.
It said, “We are devastated by the loss of such a great colleague and wonderful person and our thoughts are with his family. He will be greatly missed.”

According to firefighters, the fire broke out on the third floor of the building. The FDNY responded to a 2-alarm fire at 2 St. Nicholas Place in Harlem on Friday at 2:14 p.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters found people escaping the fire and saw people hanging out of windows on the fifth floor. The sad thing is that the victims were trapped on the 5th floor of the building.
The fire department reported a total of 18 patients, four of whom are in critical condition.
Fire Department First Deputy Commissioner Joseph Pfeiffer said Friday that one person was initially in critical condition at the scene, but later died at the hospital. However, the identity of the victim was not revealed at that time.
, with input from agency)




Leave a Comment

“The Untold Story: Yung Miami’s Response to Jimmy Butler’s Advances During an NBA Playoff Game” “Unveiling the Secrets: 15 Astonishing Facts About the PGA Championship”